Tel: (+39)050 3153542
E-mail: claudia.caudai -at- gmail.com
Address: CNR- Institute of Clinical Physiology, via Moruzzi 1, Pisa, Italy
2011 to date
Collaboration with Dylan Lab, CNR-ILC, Pisa.
Research activity: study of theoretical, typological, psycholinguistic, computational and neurophysiologic evidences on the structure and processing of words and grammar architecture of language. http://www.ilc.cnr.it/dylanlab/
Participation to the project NetWords-The European Network on Word Structure (European Science Foundation Research Networking Project)
Participation to the implementation of BioBlender: a software package, built on the open-source 3D modelling software Blender, for the 3D visualization of proteins, starting from data stored in the PDB (Protein Data Bank), http://bioblender.eu/
Participation to a project about research of replication origins in DNA, with Prof. Arturo Falaschi (IFC-CNR Pisa), just before his death.
2008-2011 Collaboration with Scientific Visualization Unit, CNR-IFC, Pisa
Participation to a project of 3D Visualization of biological processes. Research activity: 3D
modelling, animation and visualization of macromolecules and proteins by professional mathematical programs, bioinformatic software, visualization and 3D animation programs.
2005-2008 PhD student in Bioengineering about the evaluation of compliance and stiffness of biological and artificial muscles (elastomeric actuators) during movements. Didactic activity in the Analysis I course at Biomedical Engineering, University of Pisa.
2004-2005 Collaboration with Interdepartmental Research Center “E.Piaggio” about the modelization of neural and neuro-glial messages in human brain. Participation in European Projects: MyHeart (IST 507816).
2004 Collaboration with CNR of Pisa about the modelization of electrocardiographical signals.
Publications and Congresses
Chapters in Books:
- “Evaluating Hebbian Self-Organizing Memories for Lexical Representation and Access”, C. Marzi, M. Ferro, C. Caudai, V. Pirrelli, in proceedings of Eighth international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012), N. Clazolari, K. Choukri, T. Declerck, U. DoAYan, B. Maegaard, J. Mariani, J. Odijk, and S. Piperidis (eds.), ISBN 978-2-9517408-7-7, published by European Language Resources Association (ELRA), Istanbul (Turkey), pag. 886-893, 2011.
- “Stiffness control of biomimetic systems through recruitment of bundle elastomeric actuators” Lorussi F.,Caudai C., Galatolo S., De Rossi D., in Dielectric elastomers as electromechanical transducers, Carpi F.,De Rossi D., ch. 30, pp 1194-1199, 2008.
“FACE e la sua mente” (trad: FACE and its mind) Casalini S., Pioggia G., Ferro M., Caudai C., De Rossi D., in La Bioingegneria del Sistema Cervello-Mente (trad: The Bioengineering of the Brain-Mind System), ch. 5., Biondi Ed., Collana di Bioingegneria, Patron, 2006.
- “Sensory fusion and emerging behaviours in an anthropomorphic robot as a man-machine interface” Pioggia G., Ferro M., Caudai C., Casalini S., Ahluwalia A. De Rossi D., in Book of Abstracts of the International SenseMaker Workshop on Life Like Perception Systems, Derry (North Ireland),2005.
- “Modelli di Reti Neurali e Glia. Essere Presenti, Esseri Presenti” Caudai C., Casalini S., De Rossi D., in Atti Interni dell’Università di Ingegneria di Pisa, Pisa, 2004.
Articles in Journals:
- “BioBlender: Fast and Efficient All Atom Morphing of Proteins Using Blender Game Engine” M. F. Zini, Y. Porozov, R. Andrei, T. Loni, C. Caudai, M. Zoppè. Sept 2010.
- “BioBlender.Molecular animation and scientific representation”,M. Zoppè, Y. Porozov, R. Andrei, S. Cianchetta, M. F. Zini, T. Loni, C. Caudai, M. Callieri. in Blender Art Magazine, Issue 21, pp 64-70, April 2009.
- “Blender for biology. The making of Protein Expressions – Study N 2 “,M. Zoppè, R. Andrei, S. Cianchetta, M. F. Zini, T. Loni, C. Caudai, M. Callieri. In Proceedings of the Blender Conference, 2009.
“Stiffness and Compliance Control in Dynamical Systems Driven by Muscle-Like Actuators”, F. Lorussi, S. Galatolo, C. Caudai, D. De Rossi , ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers ), April 2009.
“Using Blender for molecular animation and scientific representation”,M. Zoppè, Y. Porozov, R. Andrei, S. Cianchetta, M. F. Zini, T. Loni, C. Caudai, M. Callieri. In Proceedings of the Blender Conference, 2008.
“Compliance control and Feldman’s muscle model”, F. Lorussi, S.Galatolo, C. Caudai , A. Tognetti, D. De Rossi , Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, 2006.
Participation to Congresses:
- 1st NetWords Workshop “Understanding the Architecture of the Mental Lexicon: Integration of Existing Approaches”, CNR Research Campus, Pisa,Nov 2011.
- EMBL Symposium: “Light Microscopy meets Structural Biology”, Heidelberg, June 2009.
- GNB 2008 – Primo Congresso Nazionale di Bioingegneria, Stiffness and Compliance Control for Kinematic Chains in Motion, C. Caudai ,F. Lorussi, S. Galatolo, D. De Rossi , Pisa, July 2008.
- IEEE Biorob 2006 – International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, “Compliance control and Feldman’s muscle model”, F. Lorussi, S. Galatolo, C. Caudai , A. Tognetti, D. De Rossi , Pisa, Feb 2006.
- International Sense Maker Workshop on Life Like Perception Systems, “Sensory fusion and emerging behaviours in an anthropomorphic robot as a man-machine interface” Pioggia G., Ferro M., Caudai C., Casalini S., Ahluwalia A. De Rossi D., Ireland, 2005.
- Neurological Rehabilitation Workshop Pisa, Nov 2005.
- 2nd European School of Neuroengineering “Massimo Grattarola”, Genova, June 2004.
- XXIII Annual School of Bioengineering – Advanced Methods in Biomedical Signals Elaboration, Brixen, 20 – 23 Sept 2004.
Knowledge of Computer Science
Very good knowledge of programs for Numerical Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Variational Calculus: MAPLE, MATLAB, FreeFem++, R.
Good knowledge of programs of Molecular Biology Visualization (Pymol, Swiss PDB Viewer, Jmol, BioBlender).
Good basic knowledge of graphics application software, in particular Blender 3D.
Involved in projects of International Cooperation with Engineers Without Borders (www.isf-pisa.org).
Playing volleyball, painting, traveling.
- I’ve a daughter, Zoe (23/04/2012).