Maria Antonietta Pascali
E-mail: mantonietta.pascali AT gmail.com
Address: CNR- Institute of Clinical Physiology, via Moruzzi 1, Pisa, Italy
PhD in Mathematics La Sapienza – University of Rome, Italy. Thesis argument: “Branched Covers between Surfaces” (http://www.mat.uniroma1.it/ricerca/dottorato/TESI/ARCHIVIO/pascalimariaantonietta.pdf
2005 Master’s degree in Mathematics (110/110 cum laude). University of Pisa, Italy. Thesis subject: “Invariants of Legendrian knots” (http://etd.adm.unipi.it/theses/available/etd-02072005-105822/).
2000 Scientific Lyceum (100/100) Liceo Cosimo De Giorgi, Lecce (LE), Italy.
2010-now Collaboration with CNR- Institute of Clinical Physiology -PISA about a project of 3D visualization of biology processes.
2005-2010 PhD student in Mathematics, geometry in low dimension, complexity and the Hurwitz problem (existence of branched coverings between surfaces, Riemann surfaces)
Tutorship for the General Mathematics I course (2009) at the Biology Department, University of Pisa.
Didactic activity in the Calculus II course (2006) at the Statistics Department, La Sapienza – University of Rome.
Didactic activity in the Geometry I course (2007) at the Engineering Department, La Sapienza – University of Rome.
Publications and Congresses
Papers in Journals:
- “Surface Branched Coverings and Geometric 2-orbifolds”, M.A Pascali, C. Petronio in Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., Issue 361, pp 5885-5920, 2009.
Participation to Congresses:
- Third Summer School in Analysis and Applied Mathematics – Roma La Sapienza, 5-9 June 2006
- Braids and Their Ramifications, Cortona, 20-26 May 2007
- Recent Advances in Differential geometry, Lecce, 13-16 June 2007
- Hyperbolic Volume 2007, Fribourg (CH) , 1-4 July 2007
- Braids, Groups and Manifolds in Toulouse, 5-8 September 2007
- MathKnow08, Milano, 22-24 May 2008
- Convegno Glam, Roma, 8-10 September 2008
- Braids in Paris, Parigi, 17-20 September 2008
- Progressi recenti in geometria reale e complessa, Talk, Levico, 20-24 October 2008
- Master-class de Géométrie, IRMA Strasbourg, 27 April- 2 May 2009
- Advanced school and conference in Knot Theory and its applications, ICTP Trieste, 11-18 May 2009.
- Surface branched covers and geometric 2-orbifold, Levico Terme, 23 October 2008
- Rivestimenti ramificati tra superfici, Roma La Sapienza, 25 November 2009
- Rivestimenti ramificati tra superfici e 2-orbifold, Pisa, 1 December 2009.
Knowledge of Computer Science: