As announced, we are working to make BioBlender available for Blender 2.8 series (and after).
The work is much more engaging than we thought, and we are still on it. Nevertheless, some parts are working, and since many of you have requested it, we are making available the working version.
Please note that when we say we it means myself (a biologist, not a programmer) and Pablo, a very talented but young student of bioinformatics, that is dedicating much of his time to the project. If any of you is willing to contribute, any help will be warmly welcome!
Please go to the BioBlender.org website to download the zip folder.
There are still several open issues:
- Visualization: it works in our hands. Let us know if you have problems
- MLP here we have some problems: it is calculated but not displayed. Want to help? Write to us! (but be aware: it is complicated)
- EP: same as the MLP: it is calculated, and imported in the Blender 3D scene, but is not rendered
- Game Engine simulation: not possible
- Output: both are available as features, but, of course, make no sense since there are no new PDB to be exported, and the movies will not show conformational changes, nor EP or MLP.
If you find more problems, just let us know, and if you find solutions, let everybody know!!