Notifications
Clear all

how to install pymol to do surface calculation

yang
 yang
(@yang)
New Member Customer

Dear BioBlender team,

Thank you so much for providing this wonderful tool.

I found that the surface calculation doesn’t work on my computer (Mac Catalina OS, with PyMol 2.4 version).

Could you give me a suggestion about what I can do? And I also found the source code file contains a PyMol.py, which I think it is the old version of PyMol.

Could you also suggest me how to use this pyMol.py to integrate into the Blender?

My best,

Topic starter Posted : 14/05/2020 6:52 am
MonZop
(@monzop)
Active Member Customer
Posted by: @yang

And I also found the source code file contains a PyMol.py, which I think it is the old version of PyMol.

Please use the older version of PyMOL (see other question in this Forum).
Where did you find the PuMOL.py? Maybe you refer to pyMLP?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 8:40 am
yang
 yang
(@yang)
New Member Customer

@monzop

I am sorry, yes, it is pyMLP.py.

i noticed you mentioned Pymol1.3 in one post. i am wondering where i can find this version. does the pyMLP.py is pymol 1.3?

and if it is, could you give me an idea of how to use it? because I notice that this PyMLP.py is python2-based, but the Bioblender is python3.5.3-based.

thanks a lot.

My best,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/05/2020 11:55 am
MonZop
(@monzop)
Active Member Customer

@yang

Hi,

Py.MLP is different fromPyMOL.

PyMLP is used to calculate the Lipophilic Potential, while PyMol is for the surface. If you dwonload an earlier version of PyMOL (from the PyMOL website), everything should work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 1:08 pm
MonZop
(@monzop)
Active Member Customer

Hi!
We fixed the PyMOL issue, and now you can use BioBlender with the latest version of Pymol, (2.3). Thank you for the patience 🙂

You cna download the fixed BB from Github, https://github.com/PabloEnmanuelRamos/BioBlender21/archive/master.zip

Hope everything is OK now, let us know if you find problems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 7:23 am

© 2013

About | Links | Contacts | News Archive